Made from five different clones, grapes are picked in the early morning by hand, over nine days. They are then crushed and immediately pressed, without any skin contact. After being transferred to House Toast French oak barrels for fermentation, the wine is stirred twice monthly for the first six months, then monthly thereafter.
Our Chardonnay is always bottled in summer, after filtering.
- 2014 Veritas Silver 2015
- 2013 Tim Atkins 92pts, Christian Eedes Chardonnay Report 2015 92pts, Veritas Gold (2014), 4 stars Platter's SA Wine Guide,
- 2011 4 stars Platter's SA Wine Guide
- 2010 4 stars Platter's SA Wine Guide, Top 10 Christiaan Eedes, 90 points Robert Parker
- 2009 4 stars Platter's SA Wine Guide, 90 Points Robert Parker, SAA First and Business Class Selection
- 2008 4 stars Platter's SA Wine Guide
- 2007 SAA First & Business Class Selection, 4 stars Platter's SA Wine Guide
- 2006 SAA First & Business Class Selection, 4 stars Platter's SA Wine Guide
- Barrel Ageing: 11 months in 36% New French Oak (225l). 28% in 2nd and balance in third fill barrels. Fermented & matured.
- Maturation: Up to 5 years from vintage
- Alcohol: 13,34% by volume
- Residual Sugar: 1.8 g/l
- Total Acid: 6.9 g/l
- pH: 3.54
Creamy based foods, smoked chicken or duck, seared tunawith olive oil, lime juice and black pepper.
Lemon, lime, chalky notes with a succulent flavourful palate.
"Seamlessly merges tangerfine vibrancy with vanilla cream from barrelt ferment. Textured and rich yet lean and focused throughout. A peaches and cream delight with a dry finish" - John Platter 2014