The Eleanor Chardonnay 2011
- 2009: Gold Medal International Wine & Spirits Com ( UK 2012)
- 2007: 91 points Robert Parker, 91 points Wine Spectator
- 2006 & 2005: 90 points Wine Spectator
- 2004: Gold Medal Chardonnay du Monde, Gold Medal SA Veritas (2006)
- 2004 - 2009: 4.5 stars Platter's SA Wine Guide
- Barrel Ageing: 12 months in 100% New French Oak Barriques (225 l)
- Maturation: Up to 8 years from vintage
- Alcohol: 14.40% by volume
- Residual Sugar: 2.38 g/l
- Total Acid: 6.45 g/l
- PH: 3.43
Oysters, Scallop and Chardonnay risotto with a basil cream sauce, Cape linefish, Cheeses.
Creamy citrus, nutty, mineral and elderflower flavours with a refreshing acidity. An elegant wine with a persistent finish.
“Stately restraint to wonderful depth of flavor, firm minerality and a year’s all-new French oak give gravitas to enduring, viscous finish of ’09. Shows more as ‘fine white wine of the world’ than obvious New-world chardonnay.” - Platter's SA Wine Guide (2013)