Cabernet ShirazRed Blend 2014
At a previous Classic Wine Trophy competition ten Gold medals were awarded by the French judges to the 385 red wines. Most estates entered their flagship wines. Due to our uncompromising approach to standards we felt comfortable entering the pocketfriendly Cabernet Sauvignon Shiraz. The wine won Gold.
In much the same way that many Bordeaux chateaux have "second" wines, from 1991 this has been ours.
- 2012 3½ stars Platter's SA Wine Guide
- 2011 3½ stars Platter's SA Wine Guide
- 2010 3½ stars Platter's SA Wine Guide, 90 points Robert Parker
- 2009 3½ stars Platter's SA Wine Guide
- 2008 4 ½ stars Wine Magazine (SA) 3½ stars Platter's SA Wine Guide
- 2007 3½ stars Platter's SA Wine Guide
The wine has the ability to grace all tables, from those where fine cuisine is offered to those where companionship and relaxation are preferred. Pizza with all its various toppings (but not too much chilli), all traditionally prepared meat dishes (ie. stews and grills), grilled or roasted game fish (ideally without a lemon based sauce) or for pudding. Pears in red wine (particularly if the red wine used is this wine!) will find a partner with this versatile wine. Alternatively the wine can be enjoyed on its own around the fire whilst trying to forget (or remember) "the one that got away!".
Peppery and spicy with rich berry aromas. The wine has richness and elegant fruit flavours, the fruit / oak balance is stylish and has soft, smooth, silky "drink me" finish, with good strucutre and length.
- Blend: 46% Cabernet Sauvignon, 34% Shiraz, 8% Merlot, 5% Malbec, 4% Mourvedre, 3% Petit Verdot
- Barrel Ageing: 13 months equal thirds first, second & third fill French Oak Barrels
- Maturation: Up to 8 years from vintage
- Alcohol: 13.93% by volume
- Residual Sugar: 2.0 g/l
- Total Acid: 5.9 g/l
- pH: 3.42