Cabernet SauvignonRed 2014
The King of Red Wines, consistently a show stopper and delivers even better with some aging to it. Vineyards are planted on deep red Hutton and Avalon soils.
Each vineyard and bunch of grapes is hand-selected and picked before dawn to ensure no flavours are lost in the heat of the day. After de-stemming with about 10% whole berries, a fifteen day maceration is followed by fractional pressing with the free run and press juices being blended at a later stage. 70% of this wine undergoes malolactic fermentation in barrel, spending 18 months in 60% new and 40% second fill French oak. This wine is made to be aged for ten years or more. If your taste buds will let you wait that long.
- 2011 4 stars Platter's SA Wine Guide
- 2010 Decanter International Trophy Awards 'Best Bordeaux Varietal' (2014), Gold Medal Veritas (2013)
- 2009 4 Stars Platter's SA Wine Guide, Veritas Gold (2012)
- 2008 4 star Platter's SA Wine Guide
- 2007 90 points Robert Parker, 92 points Wine Pioneer (USA), Classic FM Top 6, 4 star Platter's SA Wine Guide
- 2006 4 star Platter's SA Wine Guide
- 2005 Double Gold SA Veritas, 4 star Platter's SA Wine Guide
- 2004 Gold SA Veritas, 4 star Platter's SA Wine Guide
- Barrel Ageing: 17 months in 50% new, and 50% 2nd fill French Oak
- Maturation: 15 - 20 years from vintage
- Alcohol: 14.4% by volume
- Residual Sugar: 2.0 g/l
- Total Acid: 6.1 g/l
- pH: 3.56
Excellent with grilled ribeye steak. Classic match for richer savoury dishes, springbok fillet or black mushroom stroganoff.
Cigar box, lead pencil nose with cassis and cherry flavours. Juicy fruit with an elegant finish.